Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Liberty Gathering


I am trying to get prepared for my trip to Liberty, MO this week. A friend and I are headed over for the Liberty Gathering. They list it as a “primitive happening” of friendship, needlework, beadwork, quilting, rug hooking and knitting, folk art and antiques. We have been going for quite a few years and really enjoy it. I usually take quite a few classes. This year I am only taking 3. We decided to spend some time exploring the back roads of this area and doing some antiquing. One of my favorite stops is Black Sheep Wool, it is just outside Liberty. http://www.blacksheepwooldesigns.com/
It is a wool lover’s paradise! I took the pictures on previous trips to the shop. Just going to the shop inspires you to go home and get busy! We also hope to make a stop at the Wooly Woolens shop this time around.
I am excited about my classes! I am taking a class with the Blackbird Design ladies entitled “Let’s Journal”. You all know how much I love journaling! I have always wanted to take a class with Ginger Sanchez and I was able to get in this time around. We will be making a wool applique tablerunner on a black silk background. Doesn’t it sound wonderful! And last but definitely not least I am taking a class with Ginger Schrader. I have taken classes with her before and they have been great. This time we are doing primitive chalkware painting on either a weathered finial or an over sized pear.

I will get to visit one of my favorite quilt shops on the way over, Helen’s Hen House in St. Louis. It is a great primitive shop! We will also stop at two quilt shops in St. Charles and at Angie’s Nine Patch in Effingham, Il. I hope to have lots of pictures when I get back. See you next week!

7 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

ooooh have a great time Laura! Sounds just wonderful. Please take lots of photos to share with us :)

Tracey said...

I'm jealous!!! I just learned about this gathering earlier this year and I SO want to go. Make sure to take LOTS of pics and HAVE FUN!! :o)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I was jealous just knowing you were getting to go - but now that I see pics I'm dying!!!!!!

Sorry I'll be near your house -but you'll be down at Liberty having fun!!!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Sounds marvelous - have a fantastic time. Looking forward to seeing the treasures you bring home.

Patti said...

Have a fabulous time, and then come home and tell us all about it - with pictures! That wool shops looks incredible!

sewprimitive karen said...

Have a wonderful time and please show us lots of pictures when you get back. It sounds so fabulous. I know what chalkware is and I know what painting is :-), but what is chalkware painting?? I wanna take that class, whatever it is.

Melanie said...

Have fun, take loads of pictures to share when you return...
Melanie