Tuesday, June 27, 2006

More on Liberty Trip


One of the fun things about the Gathering is that each day they have a make-it take-it project. They are always reasonably priced and fun to do. This year Suzette Krummel of White Pine Folk Art provided the kits. They were all packaged so cute with a pine cone attached. I can’t imagine the time she had invested in this. Each one was a wool item. She had scissor holders, needlecase, bookmark, etc. to name a few. The most expensive item was $7. What a deal for a kit to make a needlecase that also included the pattern and packaged so nicely. They would make great gifts for crafting friends! If you are interested give Suzette an email, whitepinefolkart@aol.com

A group of stores called the Corbin Mill Shops put the Gathering on. Included in this group is the Old Mill Stitchery, Corbin Mill Quilt Shop and American Whatever. I love American Whatever. It sells all kinds of folk art items and has a large variety of redware for sale. I love looking through all of it. Sandy Williams who owns is it is a rug hooker and one room is full of wool and linens with marked patterns. It is definitely a feast for the eyes! One of the classes at the Gathering was held by Sandy. I loved looking at all the different marked linens the girls had picked out to hook. One was being done in Autumn colors and was absolutely gorgeous. Tomorrow I will have pictures and story of my first day’s class!

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Oh wow!! I can *smell* the wool, I swear! LOL! Such beautiful pics...and so full of inspiration!! Can't wait to see tomorrow's post! :o)

Judy said...

Oh Laura the pictures are so pretty!!

I don't even do wool and it looks so lucious and pretty. Those projects are all really cute and she must have spent a long time getting ready for all of you!

YankeeQuilter said...

I just love looking at the display cabinets with all the gorgeous colors! Sounds like you had a great time.
Siobhan

KC Quilter said...

Laura, I was probably in very near proximity to you on Friday!!! I stopped in at Corbin Mill Quilt Shop on Friday afternoon to pick up my fabric pack for Birds of a Feather!! I couldn't attend the Gathering this year due to family "stuff" but was sure glad they decided to start having it again. Maybe next year.....

sewprimitive karen said...

Thank you so much for posting photos of the Make and Takes. I was curious about them and figured they would be really cute.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Geez Laura! Like Paducah wasn't dangerous enough!!!! These pictures are making me drool! I LOVE that hooked weather vane rug hanging up! And those little cases are too adorable! Such fun things you got to make.

Darcie said...

Wow! Such vibrant colors. Laura, you're giving us quite a treat!

I love that little pumpkin table covering.

Have fun!

Lily Mulholland said...

Wow Laura sounds like you had a great trip. I love the teachers trying to outdo each other with their packaging.

Aah you are very lucky to have these wonderful people in the same country as you!