Tuesday, May 15, 2007
This past weekend I was able to complete a leader ender project I had going this winter. It is from Bonnie’s site and is called Boxy Stars. I decided to call it Blooming Stars as I used all greens for my stars and for the boxes around them I used all florals. It was such an easy project and I must admit I love using up fabrics from my stash. This really put the stash to good use as even the backing fabric came from it. I had quite a bit of yardage of the green Robin Pandolph fabric that I used for the border. I have no idea why I would have purchased that as it is not a style of fabric I would normally use. It worked perfectly for the border as it has yellow flowers on it and the sashing fabric is the same shade of yellow. I have to say it was nice to complete a project without really thinking about it. I spent a Sunday afternoon in January pulling the fabrics and cutting the blocks and sashing strips then I placed them in a basket next to my machine and sewed them only as Leader, Enders. It was fun to see it come together. I have moved my liberated bars over to that basket so hopefully it will be my next finish.