Thursday, May 03, 2007

More Track Meet Quotes


Some fun new track meet quotes:

1. After running the 100 meter dash, “If I had known it was that short a race I would have ran faster”.
2. After having run in a 200 meter dash, “I gave 95% tonight and my coach told me it was my best effort”. When I asked her why she didn’t give 100% she stated, “If I gave 100% I would have been tired”.
3. After having ran in the 200 meter dash and placing 3rd!, “Wow, it must have been the shoes”.
4. After practice she came home and said, “Wow, I am really tired, all they make you do is run”.

Can you tell I am loving this track meet life. After living with the competitive spirits of my boys this is total fun!

Update: Mariah must have given 100% last night as she received a first place in the 400 meter dash!!! Can you tell I am one proud mom!

6 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love her track quotes!!!!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Isn't it great when your kids say things that make you laugh? Definately worth writting down - my Little Boy comes out with some winners too! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Kim said...

Your daughter cracks me up! LOL! Last time I had to read them to my husband. We had two kids--boy and girl--in competitive soccer so the concept of competition is definitely not foreign to us! My daughter was a little like yours unless she got mad at another player, in which case she got really fired up! LOL!

Lucy said...

Wow I belive you are very very proud!

YankeeQuilter said...

What a riot...the 400 meter is the toughest race (the sprint that goes on and on....) Congratulations!

Darcie said...

She is a natural! Both funny...and athletic! I think that we parents often lose touch that just the participation alone makes our children true winners!!! You're a wonderful Mom! ;-)

Go Mariah!!!