Thursday, May 24, 2007

More Sailboats


I have been swamped this week with baseball and travel for work. This holiday weekend coming up doesn’t look any better for me. I was sure hoping to get to my sewing machine but that doesn’t look like it is going to happen. To make myself feel a little better I bought myself a couple books and some fabric to make a mystery quilt. I always love a good mystery. I also picked up a couple of the new magazines that were out. In the new Fons and Porter magazine I saw this Amish sailboat quilt. I thought it fit right in with my sailboat quilts I have been talking about lately. I love the colors she used in this. It says that it was made in Indiana mid twentieth century. That is where I am at. I wonder if the sailboat pattern was just popular to the Midwest.
Thanks for the nice comments concerning my son. He is settled in his new home and loves walking out his door each morning and seeing the snowcapped Tetons.

5 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

I do love this quilt - especially the colors!

I"ve been so busy lately too I don't know which end is up.

Holly is coming home this weekend for a visit and Jenna's grad party! Wish you could come visit too!

Elaine Adair said...

How lovely and subtle this quilt is - so very restful. Good job!

Lucy said...

your son is so lucky to see everyday the tetons... I thought I was lucky to see them once in a lifetime ;-)

Mama Spark said...

I like the sail boat quilts. Do you have a source for a good pattern? Where in IN are you? My oldest DD just moved there last week, to Madison.

Anonymous said...

these colors are great!! I'm working on this pattern right now and I love the effect of the darker brown. thanks for sharing.