Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Another Little Doll Quilt


It has been pouring down rain here all morning. I love the sound of the rain. As we are the original “green” people my cars are finally getting a good wash also. Yep, we never take them to a car wash we just wait on mother nature to help us out. Talking about being green, we have a working windmill original to our 118 year old house. This winter sleeping was H E double hockey sticks as about mid December it decided to start making a loud screeching noise. It definitely needed a good grease job. But you can’t do that when the wind is blowing so we just had to put up with it. Sunday morning was a nice quiet morning so it was decided that this would be the day that the windmill got worked on. My husband climbed up it 3 times taking all the supplies it would need. Around the bottom of the spokes is a wood platform that he can sit on to work on it. There is no way I would sit on that thing as it is rotting away, but he got himself situated and went to work. Just as he was getting a start a big wind came out of no where and the windmill started moving. I couldn’t get the brake on and he was throwing tools and everything down. It was a crazy sight but he finally got everything and himself down. Needless to say we still have the screeching sound.
I promised to take a picture of the little doll quilt that I put the binding on this weekend. It sure is a busy little thing. I took a close up of the fabrics so that you could see how they all blend together. A little something different for me , but that is the fun of these little doll quilts, trying something new.

7 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

nice doll quilt ... very pretty.
any chance of seeing the windmill? sounds as though your dh is lucky to get down in one piece.

Ruthie said...

I just love your doll quits. What do you do with all of them?

McIrish Annie said...

I agree with Jane, I LOVe your little doll quilt. I don't think it's busy at all! It reminds me of the "blended quilts" that Marsha McCloskey did a few years back.

But I would really love to see your windmill!! We are green too. We let Mother Nature wash the cars and we also have rainbarrels to save our water so we can water the garden when she's busy some place else..

Jan said...

You really need to start carrying a camcorder around with you. Just one more story for your book. Really like the little doll quilt. What are you taking on the road with you? Will miss your posting while you are gone, but know there will be plenty of stories when you return. Be safe.

Cornfield Quilter said...

Wonderful doll quilt, it looks so Victorian!
Be safe on your drive out west and have a wonderful time! You will be missed for sure. :D

Lily Mulholland said...

If we had rain, we'd 'wash' our cars like that too! Your doll quilt is lovely :)

Malagueta said...

Wow, I love the blended look to the fabrics in this quilt!! Just gorgeous.