Friday, June 27, 2008

Our windmill


I was asked to show a picture of our windmill so here goes. It has an underground pipe that it pumped water through to our barn. That pipe is shut off. It also has an above ground pipe that you hook up to the pump and it will pump to an old cistern. We lived off this windmill for quite a few years but eventually put in a well pump. We do use little water at our house compared to most people as our children were trained at a young age to take quick showers and never leave the water running when you brush your teeth etc. Depending on the wind makes for little water in the summer. We do live in a windy area of the country which did help. A few miles to the north of us they are building one of the largest wind farms in the United States. We can see the BIG windmills going up 7 miles away while we sit on our front porch. While outdoors with the camera I decided to snap a few pictures of my flowers. The above average rainfall in the Midwest this year has really helped them along.
I don’t have much of a weekend planned. I took the week off from attending the kids sporting events and spent some time reading (Janet Evanovich’s; Metro Girl), watching a few of my favorite movies on the tube, 4 Weddings and a Funeral, Pride and Prejudice and Little Women and walking 3 miles each evening. Tomorrow I hope to work on another border of my River quilt and Sunday I will go back to doing ballgames. A few work days next week and then we will be off on our road trip.

6 comments:

Candace said...

I enjoyed reading about your windmill, and the pictures of your beautiful flowers. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Quilts And Pieces said...

The flowers are beautiful! Good for you for walking - I need to do that!

Raedene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raedene said...

OK, let me try this again...
Lovely flowers and a really neat windmill.
Which version of P & P did you watch?

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I love windmills! I also love weather vanes....anything like that. VERY FUN!

I received your squishy in the mail yesterday! I love the orange heart..PERFECT! All these blocks are going to play so well together, and I'd love to do something "crumby" in between..just not sure yet. I'm happy to have your orange heart in the mess!

Thanks Laura!
Bonnie

Val said...

That's neat about the windmill. And the 1990s version of Little Women is one of my favorite movies. :)