Monday, January 03, 2011

A Busy Week

Thank you for all the nice comments on the quilts for the Christmas Season. I always enjoy pulling 25 from my picture archives. I wish I could let you know what book or site they came from but I never save that information.
I had last week off and I spent it watching Westerns and doing some hand quilting. It had been awhile since I had quilted so I had to get my fingers calloused again. They hurt for a few days there. I very seldom use a thimble. If I do I use one it is a soft leather thimble. I worked on 5 different quilts. I get bored working on the same one so I just switched around.



I would work on an area and I when I got that area done I would move on to another quilt. Four of the quilts are just small ones around 18 x 20 and one is a crib quilt size. I was able to finish one and I have all the appliqués quilted on the remaining 3 small ones and the larger one has even more quilted on it.



I also finished the appliqué on a small quilt and got the binding done on another that has been quilted forever but just needed that finishing touch.



It was a good start for the New Year. As for making resolutions I have only made one; to be the best person I can possibly be, honest and true to myself. Happy New Year!

“If one is out of touch with oneself, then one cannot touch others.” - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

2 comments:

Bebesboutique said...

My My My you are very busy! I really like the BIG flower quilt!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I hope you bring them to Miss Mary's so I can see them in person!