Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sewing Again


Woo Hoo! I got my sewing machine out again. That has been a long time coming. As soon as my middle child left to go back to college this past weekend I pulled it out and set it up in his room. I then dumped all the bags of unfinished projects on his bed and went through them. Nothing called out to me to finish. So I pulled a couple of tubs of fabric in from the garage and started cutting 2” squares from my smaller pieces. I kind of have a plan but we will see if I follow through. If I don’t at least I have the quilting bug again. Once I started cutting I went and grabbed the tin that held the pieces for a T quilt that I was working on and I started trimming the pieces up for it. So let’s hope I keep this momentum going. Oh and look at this awesome lamp my friend Linda’s husband made. I love it, as it is full of new and old notions.

I did get out of the house for a few hours and went to see the new True Grit movie. As most of you know I love, love westerns and I also like Jeff Bridges so it was a definite must. I did like the re-do of this story. I like John Wayne but he isn’t my favorite western star. He seemed to be the same character in most of his movies, John Wayne. So I enjoyed Jeff Bridges take on the Rooster Cogburn character.
Snow is here! I plan to do some hand quilting tonight.

“The years teach much which the days never knew.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo, so glad you're going to be sewing and having fun!

Barb said...

Thought True Grit was great!
Enjoy your projects and enjoy the snow.

Anonymous said...

A very late comment on this post but I just had to write that I love your lamp in the photo. I have one similar but yours is filled up and looks so fun and cute.