Friday, January 07, 2011

A Few of my Favorites



We all have those favorite blogs we love to go to for inspiration or a good read. I thought I would share a few of my favorites. These are my go to ones. The ones I can’t pass up. The blogs that will always inspire me.

Victoria is the most prolific quilter I am come across. Her Bumblebeans blog is full of quilts, full of color and also full or her generosity. She also has some great tutorials you won’t want to miss and to top it all off she lives in beautiful New York City and is always sharing pictures of her jaunts around town.

Lila is one of my favorite designers. Her clothes are so cute, heck she even has a pattern for boots and her fabrics are full of fun color.

Tracy is my go to when I am having the blahs at home. Her decorating sense is so inspiring. She also has an antiques business and shares that with her readers also at her A Cottage Industry blog.

I have always believed I could actually live the life of a hermit. I love staying in and doing only the things I enjoy. I live a little of that through Lisa at Black Bear Cabin. She is a busy mother of a little girl but they live in the woods in a Log Cabin and even though she could possibly have a neighbor within site I would like to believe that her little cabin sits in the mountains away from all hustle and bustle.

Valori Wells is the full package. She designs fabrics, quilts, and clothing. She is an artist with her paintings and drawings and she is a professional photographer. Add to that mother and wife and creator of all things beautiful and you have one fun blog to read.

Nancy lives in the mountains of Montana and not only does she make wonderful primitive quilts and all things gorgeous in wool she photographs the wildlife around her cabin. Her blog is called Tom Miner Folk art and it is always worth a visit.

Color, color and more color. That is Sue Spargo and her wool quilts, bags, etc. I met Sue many years ago when she was first getting started in the business with Jan Patek and she is has just grown to be the most amazing designer. She also travels the world and shares those travels with you. Plus to add to all this; her business is a family business and you get to see the workshops and beautiful wools and threads they dye. If you ever need to get inspired with color this is the blog you want to visit.

And last but always first in my book is Tonya over at Lazy gal. She is my big inspiration! I love her use of words, words and more words and also her fabulous use of color. Plus she always gives great reviews on television programs.

I hope you get a chance to stop in and visit my friends that I live vicariously through out there in the blog world. It will be time well spent!

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground....

4 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Hmmmm - we "never" cross paths, but that is o.k. too.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I can't wait to see you! That cocheco line was one of the first lines I bought for repro quilts!

Frauke said...

how wonderfull ist that quilt , i found you on quilteville corner

thank for showing, the quiltblogs / pattern looked easy
excuse my english,
best wishes
Frauke
I am from North Germany

Tonya Ricucci said...

Thank you so much, Laura. I miss your longer posts. Hope Bullvye and the kids are doing well. My latest tv obsession is Doctor Who.