Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Civil War Quilts



I have long been a lover of civil war style quilts. The picture above is one I did back in the 90’s. Barbara Brackman is a quilt historian located in Lawrence, Kansas. She has started a new Civil War Quilts blog site to commemorate the 2011 Sesquicentennial of the start of the civil war. She is offering a free block of the month and great stories to go along with each block. I don’t know if I will actually do the blocks but I love reading the stories so I know I will follow along. The first block has already been posted. It sounded like too much fun not to share!

Kiss your life. Accept it, just as it is. Today. Now. So that those moments of happiness you’re waiting for don’t pass you by.

3 comments:

Barb said...

What a lovely quilt. Have fun with Barbara's project - I think it will be great fun.
Not sure this is my year to jump in. promised myself I'd work on UFOs

Wonky Girl said...

Yes, thank you for mentioning the new CW BOM. I like to read stories about blocks and I am going to play (try my best to keep up). LOL

Your quilt is lovely!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I like this one. I don't think I ever saw this one of yours.