Thursday, January 19, 2006

To Serve Man



Thanks so much for inviting me to join the Quilt Mavericks! I am so excited!!!



Tonya asked me to show some close up's of my Beam Me Up Scotty quilt. The quilt is based upon a great piece of silver and black fabric. I used white and black fabrics for the flying geese.



"To Serve Man" is my family's favorite Twilight Zone episode. Yes, I am one of those couch potatoes anytime the Sci-Fi Channel has a marathon on. In this episode the martians have come and act friendly presenting our government with a book. We can't figure the book out, but soon start sending those silly humans to Mars to start a new colony. Of course, too late they figure out that the book is actually a cookbook and all those traveler's are toast (yes, pun intended!). "To Serve Man"
I am sure that is more than you ever wanted to know!

7 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Laura! I see you got the ring code and everything set up!!!! Yeah!!!!! I'm so excited! Can't wait to see more! You've got to have pics of stuff I haven't seen before. But you need to share your heart quilt soon for valentines day!

Cher said...

very creative alien quilt! love the humor and story of it...Cher

Quiltgranny said...

I have so enjoyed seeing your quilts - keep em coming. I also love seeing how your mind is working!

heather said...

I love the alien theme. My husband loves UFOs but I never thought about making him an alien quilt.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Thank you so much for posting these. My brain is trying to figure out what the original fabric looked like. I'd so love to see this quilt in person. It's so much fun - I love it.

Finn said...

Love the quilt Laura, thanks for the close ups! As Tonya says, there is sooo much to see in it. I'm a confirmed Trekkie myself, but I'm only true to THG Trek..sorry...*VBG* Altho I think the Star Trek movies are pretty cool. It's great to have you on board, welcome..*VBS* Keep showing us those great quilts..*S*

YankeeQuilter said...

I admit to making my sister stop in Roswell N.M. so I could go through the Alien museum there...she was so embarressed! Love the quilt...look forward to seeing more of your work.

Siobhan