Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Going to see Princess Di's gowns!


I didn’t get all my gardening done this past weekend, but I did get a really good start on it. We had baseball games both Saturday and Sunday so that really cut into my time. I am really happy with how it is turning out.
Sunday afternoon we drove over to Illinois to see our oldest son’s team play baseball and then we all went out to dinner together for my birthday. It was a really nice day. Those days with the whole family are few and far between anymore.
Since arriving back from Paducah I have been really excited to sew again and have yet to get the chance. My husband hit a deer the end of last week. It really did a number on the Jeep. We are still waiting on the adjustor to get the verdict. At this time it is not drivable, so I am driving the 40 min to town each morning and taking him to work. I then go to my work, go home afterwards, await our middle son’s phone call to come pick him up from practice, drive the 25 min to the school which is north, then head back south to pick my husband up from his baseball practice (he is a high school coach for another school). It is making for some long days and no sewing. After we get the verdict on the vehicle we will either buy a new one or rent a car to hold us over until the Jeep can be fixed. We have asked them to please not total it. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Now for some fun news, if all works out for me I am heading to Ohio on Wednesday to the Dayton Art Institute to see an exhibit of Princess Diana’s gowns. A group of my friends are all going and it sounds like fun! It is a long drive over for us, but we plan on hitting a couple of quilt stores along the way.

8 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my gosh, what long days you are having. I love driving, but not that much, especially the back and forth. Deer can do such damage..and I'm really glad that your husband wasn't hurt!

I wanted to also say: Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Laura for letting us know about finding Gwen's book in the Illinois quilt shop! I got a book! Finally, I talked to the owner and she at first said NO, but then after I told her about you she went to look and FOUND the books. She had been looking on her list, not the shelves. Someone's husband called right before I did on Tuesday morning and she told them NO. She wanted me to pass along that if this guy calls back, she has a couple more books! She felt really bad that she couldn't call him back..no caller id. So I told her I would pass along the word.But to you, thanks a million!

The dresses should be fabulous!

Laurie Ann said...

Sorry about the deer, thank goodness your hubbie wasn't hurt. We have a lot of deer out our way too. They can be a pain.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh so sorry to hear about your jeep. Mark totaled his car years ago by hitting a deer - I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Oh have a fun time tomorrow - who is all going? You guys will have fun for sure!

YankeeQuilter said...

After my stepson wrecked two cars becasue of incounters with deer they started to look a lot less like Bambi! Sorry to hear about the accident.

Have fun at the exhibit. Her wax figure at the museum in London is still a big draw.

Sio

Tonya Ricucci said...

Can't say I'd be excited about seeing gowns, but having fun with friends and quilt shops along the way - now you're talking. Fingers crossed on the jeep for ya.

Quiltgranny said...

Yay, another wicked Bambi out of this world. Sorry, but I can't say nice things about them when they trample my garden, eat my hosta and leave scat on my deck! Ahhh, the country life.....

Glad you got the book - which one is it?

And the Di gowns should be interesting only because you'll be with friends and quilt shops instead of on the road back and forth, forth and back. Good luck on the jeep - and soon!

Darcie said...

Happy belated birthday wishes to you, Laura! Hope you're able to sew soon!

I know...driving butt really is no fun! ;-)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Gosh - hitting a deer is dangerous - so good that no one was hurt. You should ask your insurance co. if you have coverage that pays for a rental car while your Jeep is out of commission - worth asking about!

Happy late birthday too!

Cheers!

Evelyn