Thursday, May 04, 2006

More on Paducah


This is Dawn, myself and another internet friend Betty at Hancock’s in Paducah. A friend of mine took this picture and sent it my way. I believe Dawn has the same picture but this one she was a bit closer when taking the picture.


This is Dawn shoveling through the flat folds at Hancock’s.


This is myself and Dawn following my bad day. Of course I have a wine cooler in hand to chase the tension away.


To answer some questions asked. I loved the quilt show. There were a lot of traditional quilts this year with wonderful quilting both hand and machine. Not many quilts with words. But I did like the quilt above! I am always drawn to quilts with words on them.


My favorite quilt was “Sunday in the Park with Mittens” by Nancy Brown. It was full of different breeds of dogs. So much fun! I didn’t buy a lot because I didn’t need a lot. I have kind of been in a funk lately due to the mass of stuff in my sewing room. I have come home with a new feeling of excitement about sewing again and hope to get in there and do some sewing soon. I have been re-organizing a bit each morning before going to work.

5 comments:

ForestJane said...

When you get done organizing at YOUR house, you're always welcome to come to Memphis and do my house!

I like the quilt with all the dogs, but only because there's a cat up the tree! lol

Quilts And Pieces said...

OK, what Laura didn't fill you in on was in the picture of me "shoveling" through the fabric - I was on the phone. This was the first night there and my kids kept bugging me to take apart the computer! And I was exhausted in the couch picture, and I was supporting Laura in her drinking endevors only I cleverly hid mine out of the picture!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Nancy Brown's applique quilts are always so incredible and detailed. She amazes me. Word quilts are always wonderful.

Quiltgranny said...

Thanks for the pix - once again, inspiring and beautiful! I'm curious about who Nancy Brown is that Tonya R mentioned. Do you know?

Lily Mulholland said...

That quilt (mittens) is amazing. Some people are very clever and funny and put sooo much work and thought into their quilts.

I hope you get your sewing room sorted out. At least you have a dedicated room! Although that too obviously comes with some pitfalls!