Friday, May 12, 2006

Princess Diana Exhibit


I and 3 friends drove to Dayton, Ohio yesterday to the Dayton Art Institute to see the Princess Diana exhibit. I didn’t know what to expect but the exhibit was fabulous. It starts at the beginning of her life and ends with her funeral. There were 9 galleries featuring different times of her life. The last gallery had many of her dresses. One of the galleries had her jewels and tiara and another her wedding dress.

Many of the galleries had home movies playing. The Royal Wedding gallery had her wedding on and the Condolence gallery had her funeral on with Candle in The Wind playing. It was all very moving and really let you see what a remarkable woman she was in her work with charities.

It has been raining here for 3 days and is to continue through the weekend. I am hoping that all the ballgames will be cancelled. If so I will finally be able to get into my sewing room!

5 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow, what a wonderful exhibit that must have been! But kind of sad too. I remember waking up very early to watch her wedding on TV. I wonder if this will ever come to Chicago?

Lily Mulholland said...

Wow that's amazing that there's so much interest in her in the US.

I remember the day she died and the check-out chick at the supermarket told me. I couldn't believe it. The world stopped for a moment. I rushed home and spent the next 6 hours glued to the TV watching the news unfold.

She touched a lot of people all around the world.

Darcie said...

Wow! Glad you were able to go to the Lady Di exhibit. How breathtaking it all must have been. She was one of a kind. Thanks for sharing the pics...they turned out great.

Granny said...

WOW! I would love to get to see that exhibit. Thanks for the pictures.

Judy L.

Lucy said...

That must be a great day for you ! I remember that I was glued to the tv. when Diana married. she was a beautifull woman. and so youngh. What a tragedy that she died !