Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Home from Paducah!


We had a fantastic trip to Paducah. It was a ton of fun and great to meet up with Dawn! She is a wonderful person! I did really good with not buying much. I thought it would be hard, but ended up easy. I guess there was just not much there that caught my eye. I did find some backing fabric for a quilt for my daughter and I purchased quite a few books. Other then that just some smaller stuff that I had on my list to purchase. Now on the other hand Dawn did really good in finding stuff she needed. We had to pack it around her on the car trip home since our trunk was full!

Dawn gave me some great gifts! First she gave 13 of us a mesh zippered bag to hold our tools in. She gave me a smaller one also. I absolutely love mine! Thanks Dawn! Then she gave me a clover thread cutter and the holder for the cutter. I have wanted one of these but had yet to get one. She told me it was for my birthday this week. I love it, thanks!
I did the unthinkable. I forgot my camera. I left it laying on the kitchen counter. So I didn’t get any pictures of us or the quilts. I am sure Dawn thinks I am pretty forgetful. First I forget the camera, then one day I left the coffee maker on at the condo for 15 hours and worried about it the whole time. Then I lost my debit card. I was fortunate to realize it quickly and was able to call it in. All in all it was one great trip and I am looking forward to next year already!

5 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

I had such a great time with your and your friends. I'm hoping to see you all again in Sept!

Lucy said...

Sounds that you both have had a wonderfull time!!

Lily Mulholland said...

Welcome back Laura! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to hearing some more stories :)

Tonya Ricucci said...

Sorry you didn't find much appealing to buy, tho I can see how that's a good thing too. Forgot the camera? Aagggghhh. Did you at least enjoy the quilts or was not much there to your taste?

Quiltgranny said...

I've never seen the holder for the needle threader. I love my needle threader and I whine whenever it isn't around! Sounds like you had a marvelous time!