Saturday, January 19, 2013

Redware Inspired Project



 I have been a collector of redware for quite a few years.  I have a cabinet brimming full with all my pieces.




My favorite pieces are the 3 plates that have my children's names on them.  I have had this plate above for at least 20+ years.


A few years back I started working on a few wool projects that had the look of redware.  This was after I had taken some classes in Liberty, Missouri that inspired me in that direction.  This is a little pillow that I had started and just recently I pulled it out and finished the applique on it.  Today I am working on adding a small fringe edging, I will stuff it and then I will have another finished project!

2 comments:

Barb said...

your little eagle pillow is great and Love the yellow fringe. My good friend collects red ware, I've always admired it and have just a couple of pieces. what great inspiration for quilting.

ann hermes said...

I collect redware, too. Love your eagle!