Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Doll Quilts with Applique

Today’s little quilts all have some appliqué on them.

I have to admit that this is one of my favorites. You all know my love of red and green quilts so this one fits the bill. It is a Lori Smith pattern. If you ever wanted to give small quilt making a try, do check out her site as she offers patterns for small quilts. Each pattern group has 9 quilts so you do get a lot for your money when you buy her patterns.

This little postage basket quilt was one of the first little quilts I made. I call it a postage basket as years ago the US Post office commemorated quilting with a 13 cent basket quilt stamp. These little baskets reminded me of the baskets on the stamp.

Once again another Lori Smith pattern and again in red and green; as with the other two quilts this one is hand quilted also.

“Reach High, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.” - Pamela Vaull Starr

3 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

I never knew you had so many small quilts!

Karen said...

The first quilt is my favorite of these. You have a wonderful collection.

Barb said...

Fantastic little quilts!
I like Lori Smith's work very much - thanks for the little quilt show.