Monday, March 01, 2010

Doll Quilts with a Halloween Theme

My three doll quilts today have a Halloween theme to them. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. More for the fun decorating you can do than anything.

Happy Jack is a Pat Sloan pattern that my daughter loved. We changed the sizing a bit and I then made it for her Halloween collection.

The pumpkinhead in the center was embroidered by my good friend Sossity who then gifted it to me. I loved the orange fabric that I had already purchased for no particular reason and thought it was fitting for a border and out of the two came this little doll quilt.

I was in a doll quilt exchange a few years back with a couple of my local friends. I had seen online a little doll quilt that was done in this pattern with the computer writing. I knew that I would like to give it a try on my own and this was the perfect opportunity. My friend Sossity loves Halloween also, so I knew that I wanted to make hers using the Halloween theme and this is the result.

Every man is the painter and the sculptor of his own life.
-St. John Chrysostom

No comments: