Friday, March 19, 2010

The Finale

This will be the last of the doll quilts as I am heading out on vacation this afternoon for a week of spring break with 2 of my kids. I know it will be lots of fun.

I call this quilt Prototype – Henry. This was my original idea for the baby quilt that I completed in January. Once I got it all put down in fabric I knew I needed a bit more so I added the baby chick and the sun to the crib quilt. This one has been hand quilted.

A few years back I participated in a doll quilt exchange online. I was given my swap partner’s favorite colors and things she liked. This is the quilt I designed and made for her using those ideas. It has been handquilted also.

In that same swap this is the quilt I received. I love, love, love it! It is so out of my comfort zone of something I would try but I am really attracted to the look. She has used multiple threads, different stitches and fun fabrics. A fabulous art quilt!


Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. – Douglas Adams

5 comments:

barbara r-g said...

love the art quilt and love doll quilts. the smaller the better. i think it is time i tried one! thanks for the inspiration!
have a great vacation

Loris said...

I reelly reelly love the one with the cat and the flowers and bees! Adorable! Have a fun time!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Henry is still my favorite!

Tonya Ricucci said...

love your quilts! enjoy spring break.

Barb said...

thanks! I love the chicken, well, I love them all actually - have a great break!