Friday, March 05, 2010

To The Nines

The simplicity of a small 9 patch, nothing beats it. I have made multiple 9 patch’s, here are 3 of them.

This little 9 patch in red is a Lori Smith pattern.

Jo Morton invented the little 9 patch quilt, not really, but she sure has made a bunch of them. I read an article about her 9 patches once and she showed a cute way to display them. That got me going on this little pink and brown one.

My take on a William Morris style quilt. The fabrics run together so much you can barely make out the actual 9-patch.

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Ohhh, I love these little quilts. The first one with the layered look is great! Really gives it depth!

Karen said...

Simple blocks but good impact!

Orcsmom said...

I use to think that 9 blocks were made just for me, simple and easy!! I just love them.

Hugs!
Pam

Barb said...

I've been catching up on my blog reading and love all your doll quilts!
I really love the folk arty pot of flowers - so fun and happy.
Thanks for sharing them all