Monday, March 08, 2010

More Doll Quilts

I have 3 different styles of doll quilts today.

The first is a strippy doll quilt. It was fun to make just grabbing fabrics that looked like they would work together. I handquilted it in a cross hatch pattern.

Next up is a little doll quilt I made out of squares that were sent to me in a doll quilt swap. Once again I practiced doing a scalloped border. This one was handquilted also.

I made a quilt in solids using a Gwen Marston liberated technique. These were my leftovers so I decided to make a little liberated quilt; the quilting is done by hand and they are free form fans.

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly"
- Lauren Bacall

7 comments:

Wonky Girl said...

I'm loving your little quilts. Great inspiration!
thanks :)

sophie said...

Your free form fans look like they are perfectly scaled for that sweet doll quilt.

Barb said...

Wonderful doll quilts. I especially love the amish styled one - thanks for sharing them!

Jan said...

Love your little quilts - one and all. Your freehand fans look so good on the liberated piece. I'm giddy; I love doll quilts!

Jayne Honnold said...

These are truly inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I like things about all of them.

Karen said...

I really like the doll quilt made with the solid fabrics!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Ooooo - the gwen marston liberated one is my FAVORITE! And your free form fans are so good! The one time I tried it was a disaster! You would laugh if you saw them!

Wait till you see what I started hand quilting!!! I finally finished the words and got basted my little doll quilt like the one I made you that one year for the swap with sossy and heather. Never finished mine.